MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL
It is my great privilege to introduce you with this esteemed institution of physical education. It is named after an esteemed member of Gadar Party, Gadhri Pandit Kanshi Ram by Great Visionary Comrade Shamsher Singh Josh. This prestigious institution is novelty in the field of physical education. One of the oldest institutions in the Northern India, was established in the year 1976 at village Bhagoo Majra, SAS Nagar, Punjab. It is at great proximity with Chandigarh, being only at a distance of 20 kms. from the City Beautiful.
The college has been striving continuously to produce quality physical education professionals, who in turn become useful citizen leaders for our society. We do this through our commitment to the transformative power of a physical education to move HIGHER STILL HIGHER.
We aim to give exposure to the students not only in classrooms or playgrounds, but by introducing them to new scientific ideas, transforming their intellect through a diverse living environment, bringing the transformation of the mind to achieve the higher goal of social transformation. Moreover, while preparing a broad base of the teachers the training in teaching methodology, skills and educational administration through intensive practice of teaching and internship are rigorously given. The college also provide disciplined and homely environment to live with people who are studying in different physical education courses with the purpose being a holistic approach to education.
Some finer introductory points of the college:
- Use of various and diverse teaching methods to develop participative, positive and fertile learning environment for the students by well experienced and qualified staff.
- A new introductory step from the commencing session will be a PAPER PRESENTATION competition for PG students. Ten best papers will be taken for the competition to be conducted on every 1st February to celebrate birthday as a tribute to the celestial figure Prof. Ajmer Singh, Arjuna Awardee.
- We are in the process of re-orienting ourselves, which will take care of recent technological advancement and inter-disciplinary programs. Series of OBJECTIVE TYPE TESTS for Attitude, Aptitude, General Knowledge and various other subjects will be conducted so that they can excel in every competitive exam.
- Giving them a unique identity in form of SKRians to instill a feeling of pride, confidence and cooperation towards one another.
- Reviving the magazine PARWAAZ in order to show their hidden talents of writers, critics, experts etc.
- A ‘Career and Counselling Cell’ will organize an on-campus placements day.
- N.C.C, N.S.S, Youth Red Cross Leadership and Personality Development camps will be organized in a professional manner. Intramural’s will be organized on last Saturday of every month.
- Plan of adopting SUKH NIWAS, Oldage Home and Drug Addiction Center in order to develop a sense of responsibility as well as instilling philanthropy in the students.
- Educational and recreational facilities to the students are the apart of curriculum. Apart from these activities, the students will organize one day picnic or few days trip of their choice.
Thus, in spite of a busy schedule, the college strives to fashion the lives of the SKRians by gaining how they can best serve the world of physical education with a sense of what they want to do with their gifts and talents, assessing their values. With this we want to ensure that we are providing students with a deeply trans-formative experience – intellectually, socially and personally that will prepare them for a life of citizenship and leadership. By this aim, I look forward to meeting you when you visit Shaded Kanshi Ram College of Physical Education, Bhagoo Majra, Kharar and to greet you as a member of our community of scholars dedicated to learning for a better future.