(1) D.P.Ed. (Two Years Course)
a) Senior Secondary School (+2) or its equivalent examination passed with at least fifty percent marks. However,
five percent relaxation be given to those who have at least participated in international / national / SGF /Sports
Competition or Position holders in Inter-Zonal sports competitions.
b) The relaxation in the Percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and in the reservation of seats for
SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as the rules of the Central government, state Government whichever
in applicable. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST/OBC categories of candidates.
Vida Para 3.2 of Appendix 7,8,9 and 10 of N.C.T.E. Notification No. F-51f1/2007-N.C.T.E/ (N&S) Dated 27-11-07.
iii) Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and whose result has not been declared may be
provisionally allowed to appear in the Entrance Examination at their own risk and responsibility but their result
shall become eligible for counseling only after they have produced the evidence of having satisfied the above
(2) B.P.Ed. (Four Year Course – 8 Semesters)
- Candidate with at least 45% marks in the Senior Secondary Examination (+2) or its equivalent are eligible for admission. For those who have participated in state or National or Inter University level in games/sports, the minimum percentage of marks in the Senior Secondary Examination (+2) shall be at least 40%
- The reservation for SC/ST/OBC categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government /State Government, whichever is applicable. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC/ST/OBC categories of Candidates.
(3) B.P.Ed. (Two Year Course – 4 Semesters)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education with 50 % marks or Bachelors with Physical Education as an elective subject with 50 % or Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education with 45 % marks or Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education as an elective subject with 45 % marks and participation in National/All India Inter-University/Inter- University competitions in sports recognized AIU/IOA or Bachelor’s Degree with 45 % marks and having participated in National or State or Inter- University Sports or Games or Athletics; or for deputed (in services candidates i.e. trained by Physical Education teachers/coaches) Graduate with 45 % marks, and at least three years to teaching experience.
The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of Central Government/State Government, whichever is applicable.
(4) M.P.Ed. (Two Year Course – 4 Semesters)
- Candidates who have obtained at least 50 % marks in the B.P.Ed (One Years Course)/B.P.Ed (Two Years Course) Degree/B.P.Ed. (Integrated innovative) Four Years professional degrees are eligible for admission.
- The reservation for SC/ST/OBC categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government, whichever is applicable, there shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC/ST/OBC categories of candidates.
(5) Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and whose results have not been declared may provisionally allowed to appear in the Entrance Examination at their own risk and responsibility but they become eligible for admission only after they have produced the evidence of having satisfied the above conditions.
(6) Date and Centers of qualifying Physical Fitness Test :
The date and exact venue of the qualifying fitness test will be notified and intimated to the individual candidates by
the Principal, Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patiala. But it will not be later than third
week of June.
(7) Placement of Candidates:
a) The admission to various Physical Education Colleges of the Three universities will be done as per norms laid down
by N.C.T.E. mode of admission shall be determined and notified by the Principal, Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt.
College of Physical Education. Patiala Keeping in view the academic calendars of the respective affiliating
b) When who or more candidates have secured equal marks in the qualifying examination, their inter-se-merit for
admission will be decided on the following criteria in the order of preference :
1. Candidates, with higher educational qualification
2. Candidate older in age
(8) Division of seats:
a) In Punjab, 85% seats will be reserved for the candidates from within the state and 15% will be open to candidates
of other state / U.Ts on all India basis. The eligibility criteria for 85% seats will be that the candidate must be
resident of Punjab State in terms of Punjab Government, Department of personal and Administrative Reforms(PP-11
br.) letter no.. 1/3/95-3pp-11/96 19, dated the 6th june , 1996 and letter no.1/3/95-3PP-11/80, Dated 1st January,
1999, or have passed 10+1 and 10+2 examination as regular candidate from a recognized institute situated in
Punjab. However, wards of Defence Personals posted in Punjab are exempted from this condition to the extent that
they should have passed qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 from a recognized institution situated in Punjab. Each
candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the principal/ head of institute last attended in
the prescribed Performa.
In case, the residence certificate is found at any state to be false or incorrect, the admission against Punjab Quota
shall be liable to be cancelled, without prejudice to any criminal proceedings that may be initiated. Further more,
the fees or any other amount paid, including advance or security, shall be automatically treated as forfeited.
b) If sufficient numbers of candidates belonging to reserved categories are not available, the vacant seats will be
offered to candidates in open category. Likewise, if seats under 85% category remain vacant, these would be
transferred to 15 % category and vice-versa.
c) The Above clause no. 6(a) resident of Punjab state shall not be applicable to the following categories of candidates;
1. Children, Wards and dependent of Punjab Government Employees and employees of Boards/ Corporations/
Statutory bodies/ Companies / Cooperative societies set up or owned or/ controlled by the Punjab Govt. Including
those established by or under – an Act of the State of Punjab or a Central Act, by the Punjab Government, Posted
within or outside the state of Punjab.
2. Children, Wards and dependent of members of All India Service borne on Punjab. Cadre, in respect of where the
offices is posted. This shall also include children, wards and dependents of members of all India Services borne on
cadres other than that of Punjab provided the said officer is on deputation with Punjab Government or any of its
boards. Corporation, statutory Bodes, Companies and Co-operative Societies irrespective of his place of posting.
3. Children wards and dependents of the Central Government Employees who have served for at least two years in
connection with the affairs of the Punjab government or any of its boards corporations, statutory bodies,
companies. Co-operative Societies out of 5 years preceding the year of entrance examination.
4. Children wards and dependents of those Punjab Government pensioners settled outside Punjab.
5. Children wards and dependents of military/ Para-military forces personal belonging to the state of Punjab as per
record at the time of their entry in Service (a certificate on prescribed Proforma by the Commanding Officer of the
unit is to be furnished) and
6. Children wards and dependents of the ex-employees of military /Para-military forces personal belonging to the state
of Punjab as per record at the time of their entry into service.
7. The guidelines issued for the grant of residence certificate/ bonafida resident of Punjab by the department of
personnel and administrative reforms(pp-2 Branch) vide no. 1/2/95-3pp-2/9619 dated the 6th June, 1996, I.D. No.
1/2/96-3pp-2/8976 dated 7th July, 1998 and no. 1/2/95-3pp-2/80 dated 1st January, 1999 and further instructions
issued by the department, if any, will be adhered to in letter and spirit while making admission.
8. The admission to NRI seats shall be as per direction of the hon’ble supreme court.
9. Supernumerary seats exclusively for the kashmiri migrant students who are temporarily residing in the Punjab state
will be created for the year 2007-08 in terms of letter D.O. No. f.10-1/2002-desk (u) dated 13.3.2003 of the ministry
of human resources development, government of India, New Delhi Subject to the condition that they will have to
submit proof of their being kashmiri migrant and further:
i) Increase in intake capacity up to 5%
ii) Reservations of at least one seat in merit quota in the institution; and
iii) Waiving of domicile (Residence) requirement.
(9) Reservation of Seats:
For the state of Punjab
|SR.No.||Category||% age of seats of be reserved|
|(i)||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||25%|
|(iii)||Border Areas/Backward Area(2% each)||4%|
|(iv)||Children /grand children of freedom Fighters||1%|
|(v)||a) Wards/ widows of defence personal killed or disabled to the extent of 50% or more in||2%|
|action; Wards of gallantry awarded of serving defence personal/ex-servicemen (1%)|
|b) Wards of ex servicemen/serving personnel. (1%)|
|Note: if any seat(s) remains vacant from (A) or (B) category the same can be filled up by|
|way of interchangeability also.|
|(vi)||a) Wards/ widows of Para military forces personnel, Punjab Police , PAP and Punjab||2%|
|Home Guards Killed Or disabled in action To the Extent of 50% or more.(1)|
|b) Wards of Para Military forces personnel/ ex paramilitary forces personnel and Punjab|
|Police /PAP /Punjab Home guards personnel decorated with Gallantry Medals (1%)|
|Note: if any seat(s) remains vacant from (a) or (b) category the same can be filed up by way|
|of interchangeability also.|
|(vii)||November, 1984 riots affected displaced persons, children of the Army deserters killed,||2%|
|100% Physically disabled; children of the families of persons killed as a result of terrorist|
|violence or by security forces acting in aid of civil authorities and the children of innocent|
|civilians who have sustained 100% disability in terrorist violence or during operation by|
|security forces action in aid of civil authorities.|
|(x)||Wards/Children of all ex-servicemen settlers of Cambell Bay Island of Andaman Nicobar||1%|
Note :- The candidates being admitted under 15% quota on All India basis shall be eligible only for reservation provided by the Constitution i.e. 25% for SC/sSTs and 5% for B.Cs.
8. General Conditions:
a) Physical Fitness test is an eligibility test only for becoming eligible on the basis of minimum marks with 40%
(35% for SCs) in qualifying examination.
b) 5% marks will be given to candidates who have passed their 8th and 10th class examination from schools
situated in rural areas of Punjab. For this, they will have to submit a certificate of the school falling in rural area at
the time of passing 8th as well as 10th class issued by the head of the school, duly countersigned by the
c) The mert of each candidate who has qualified the physical fitness test shall be determined as follows :-
For admission in D.P.Ed. Courses
I) Weight age to academic/ Co-curricular activities 50%
(45 % for academic & higher additional qualifications; 5% for
Co. curricular activities)
II) Weight age to Sports achievements 50%
(As per Guidelines issued vide letter no. 47/26/83-1ss/2036 Dated 10.12.97, letter no. 47/26/93-1ss/1496 Dated
21.7.200, letter no 47/26/83-1ss/1103, Dated 5.6.03, letter no. 47/26/93-1ss/1334, Dated 3.7.03, letter no. 47/26/93-
1ss/1431, Dated 14.7.03 by Department of sports and Youth Services, Punjab)
For admission in B.P.Ed.
I) Weight age to Academic 50%
(45% for academic & higher additional qualifications; 5% for
II) Weight age to Sports achievements 50%
(As per Guidelines issued vide letter No. 47/26/83-1 ss/2036 Dated 10.12.97, letter no. 47/26/93-1ss/1496 Dated
21.7.200, letter no. 47/26/83-1ss/1103. Dated 5.6.03 letter no. 47/26/93-1ss/1334, dated 3.7.03. letter No. 47/26/93
-1ss/1431, Dated 14.7.03 by Department of sports and Youth Services, Punjab)
d) The Principal Prof Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education Patiala will declare the merit list of the candidates for admission to the respective course.
e) The admissions will be made by the Principal, Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of physical education,Patiala, who will also function as chief coordinator.
f) The reservation of seats as given above shall be strictly adhered to however, in case seat(s) in a reserved category remain vacant, on account of non-availability of qualified candidates, such seats(s) may be filled up from the general category candidates.
g) The admission of total number of seats in Physical colleges will be done as per the norms laid down by the N.C.T.E./ Affiliating University.
h) Candidates applying for the reserved category shall carefully indicate the claim for only one category in the admission form to be submitted to the Principal, Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patialain the first instance before the Physical Fitness Test. No change of category will be entertained/ permitted at later stage in the application form.
i) If any institute is approved or seats are increased/ altered in the existing institutions by the NCTE, such approvals will be taken into consideration, if the affiliation is granted by the affiliating university, permission for admissions can be granted at least 7 days before the start of first counseling. Personal appearance of the candidate when called for interview is essential. However, under special circumstances(supported by document) a representative of the candidate may be allowed to appear on behalf of the candidate and the choice of the college made by the representative will be binding for the candidate.
j) Personal appearance of the candidate when called for interview is essential. However, under special circumstances(supported by document) a representative of the candidate may be allowed to appear on behalf of the candidate and the choice of the college made by the representative will be binding for the candidate.
k) Before printing/ publishing of the prospectus, Principal Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patiala will ensure that each and every institute is approved by the NCTE and duly affiliated with the respective university. The provision in the note below Para 1 of the scheme will also be kept in view before allowing admission to the respective institute.
l) NRI seats shall be filled up as per Hon’ble Supreme Court of India’s directions. There will be two counseling’s for admission to the respective institute.
m) There will be two counsellings for admision to the respective Institute.
10) Management Quota Seats:
1) In pursuance of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India’s judgment in T.M.A. Pai Foundation and other versus state of Karnataka and others case an in view of the interim policy regulations notification dated 10th June, 2003 issued by the University Grants Commission, 15% of seats out of the 85% state quota seats in unaided private self-financing institutions shall be treated as management quota and shall be brought out of the purview of centralized counseling to be conducted by University, Patiala.
2) The Principal , Principal Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patiala shall exclude the management quota seats (showing the subject combination) from the centralized counseling and according publish the details of these seats.( institute-wise)
3) The Seats under the management quota shall be filled up in the following manner.
a) Each institute duly authorized by the Competent Authority, Conducting the counseling shall publish an advertisement in two leading newspaper (i.e. one in English and one in Punjabi Language)
b) The management of the institute will fill up management quota seats on the basis of merit of the selection list prepared by the Principal Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patiala, through own counseling in a transparent manner the management of the institute shall report to the Principal Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patiala regarding unfilled management quota seats two days before the start of the second counseling and those unfilled management quota seats will be filled up through centralized counseling to be conducted by the Principal Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education, Patiala. Shifting can be permitted before the second counseling.
c) The management quota seats will be allowed to the existing institutes run by unaided managements and the new Institutes run by unaided managements who get approval, of N.C.T.E./ Punjab Government and affiliation from the respective University ay least 10 days prior to the start of the counseling.
d) The basic eligibility criteria regarding educational qualification etc. shall remain the same as is printed in the Brochure/Prospectus
4) There shall be no reservation what so ever in respect of prescribed management quota seats.
10. In case any dispute, the decision of the Principal Prof. Gursewak Singh Govt. College of Physical Education,Patiala shall be final.